Sunday 15 October 2017

Stop-Motion Research Evaluation.



For the animation we were tasked to create a human stop-motion animation. We were tasked to complete this as a test to see what we were capable of in terms of animating.

What went well:

1) Firstly, I think that although we did not manage to get the animation up to 10 seconds I still think that it was quite smooth and there were not that many gaps where the footage looked too jumpy.

2) Second of all, the sound effects that we have added go perfectly and are in sync with the animation.

3) Finally, I think that the way that I skid around the corner, in this kind of animation I think it works very well.

What could have gone better:

1) I believe that if we got more time I think we could have gotten our animation to reach the 10 second mark.

2) At the beginning there is a tiny shot where I stand in one place for a little bit longer than we would have liked.




For this animation, we had to created an animation with inanimate objects. We were given a selection of random objects and we had to make a 10 second animation. The task was called Inanimate? Let's Animate!

What went well:

1) During this animation process I believe that the whole Idea worked quite well and everything runs so smooth.

2) There are a few moments where the cutlery lift up and in this kind of animation this looks unique.

3) I think our ability to make more than one object move around and be animated at the same time works really well in this piece.

What could have been done better:

1) The grass background in our animations move around a lot and so that reflected in our final product. There was a lot of movement and this could potentially put off the audience from what they should be looking at.

2) Personally, I don't believe we had as much time as we had hoped and because of this, we were unable to reach the 10 second mark once again.

Lip-Sync Animation:

The lip-sync animation was created using Lego. At this current moment in time, we have not yet completed the editing stage of this task. During this task we had to create a Lego scene using stop-motion animation, but we had to animate mouths on to one of the characters and they had to be saying "Lego of me".

What went well:

I don't think I can make a comment on what went well because this piece is not yet fully completed so we do not know what the finished product is going to look like. The same applies for what we could have done better.


For my assessed editing piece, I am going to be using Lego to create my animation. I have chosen these materials because I think Lego is light-hearted and fun. I believe that using Lego is not only overly complicated, but it will be a fun process as well. The use of Lego will appeal to the younger audiences.










No comments:

Post a Comment

10 min short pre production

For the storyboards, I am responsible for pages: 1.1, 2.2, and 3.3.